Boat information may be posted on this page by the Skipper or Administrator for Cape 31 Shotgunn
Crew Manager provides a boat website with features the Skipper & Crew will use throughout the sailing season. In a nutshell, the team website provides a “Who, What, When, Where and Wear” schedule with automatic reminders. After an event, the Skipper may post results and crew members may submit comments, pictures and stories about the event. Crew Manager works on most any device with a web browser including PC, Mac, iPad, Android tablet, iPhone and Android Phone. The January 2021 update adds support for international mobile phones and date formats.
- Provides a boat event calendar that crew may automatically add to existing calendars (e.g. Outlook, Android, iPhone, Google, etc.). Additional pages contain links of interest, weather and winds
- Events include boat location and time to be there and may specify “Uniform” (e.g. orange shirts). It also may include race documents, waivers, regatta registration status and fee payment status for an event.
- Crew members set their availability to participate in each event – this is displayed on the events. Crew updating availability on the website sends an immediate email to the Skipper.
- The Skipper designates boat positions for available crew members and makes assignments by crew member (e.g. bring beer) – all these are displayed on the event
- Additional information as text and links may be included such as weather forecast, tides & currents, links to race documents, etc.
- After racing the results may be recorded with text and a link to the results. The Skipper can trigger an email with the results to the crew on the event, or all crew.
- Crew members logged in may view a roster with contact information for other crew members and may download the roster with email and cell numbers to their phones
- Crew members receive a reminder email and optional text message 48 hours (or lead time as as set by the Skipper) prior to events for which they are scheduled – all the event information is included.
- The Skipper may email the Crew using groups listed in a dropdown for “All Crew”, Core Crew”, custom groups the Skipper may setup and just those scheduled for a particular event. The Skipper also has a button on mobile phones to generate a text message to crew scheduled for a particular event.
- The Skipper may view a Crew report with short, shirt & jacket sizes to buy swag!
- The Skipper may view a Crew report for One Design crew weights summed for an event and automatically verify Sailor Classifications from the World Sailing database.
- The Skipper may view a Crew participation report to show the number of times a crew member was scheduled for a position during the season – helpful if you rotate crew positions and want to try and balance the assignments.
- The Skipper may enable additional Crew profile fields to collect information that may be needed for distance races (e.g. Newport Bermuda Race). Additional fields cover Emergency Contact information, Passport information, & Travel information. The fields are only visible by the Skipper and are selectable to include in custom reports that may also be downloaded as a CSV file for an Excel spreadsheet.
- The Skipper may track regatta registration and fee payment due dates with an automatic email reminder to the Skipper sent 5 days before payment is due.
The Crew Manager Support Forum has complete user documentation and a place to ask questions.
Check if the desired subdomain name is available for your boat. Enter only the subdomain in the box using just lowercase letters and numbers (e.g. boatname.crew-mgr.com will have boatname entered in the box).